It is our policy to respond to clear notices of alleged copyright infringement. This page describes the information that should be present in these notices. It is designed to make submitting notices of alleged infringement to roofersmarketing.com as straightforward as possible while reducing the number of notices that we receive that are fraudulent or difficult to understand or verify. The form of notice specified below is consistent with the form suggested by the United States Digital Millennium Copyright Act (the text of which can be found at the U.S. Copyright Office Web Site, http://www.copyright.gov but we will respond to notices of this form from other jurisdictions as well.
Regardless of whether we may be liable for such infringement under local country law or United States law, our response to these notices may include removing or disabling access to material claimed to be the subject of infringing activity and/or terminating subscribers. We may also document notices of alleged infringement on which we act. As such, your letter (with your personal information removed) may be forwarded to Chilling Effects http://www.chillingeffects.org for publication
To expedite our ability to process your request, please use the following format:
- Identify in sufficient detail the copyrighted work that you believe has been infringed upon (for example, “The copyrighted work at issue is the text that appears on http://www.example/example_page.html”) or other information sufficient to specify the copyrighted work being infringed (for example, “The copyrighted work at issue is the “Photo of Sunset” by Mike Hanson, published by Mike Hanson Publishing”).
- Identify the material that you claim is infringing the copyrighted work listed in item #1 above. By providing the link(s)/URL(s) to the material
- Provide information reasonably sufficient to permit roofersmarketing.com to contact you (email address is preferred).
- Provide information, if possible, sufficient to permit roofersmarketing.com to notify the owner/administrator of the allegedly infringing webpage or other content (email address is preferred).
- Include the following statement: “I have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted materials described above as allegedly infringing is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.”
- Include the following statement: “I swear, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate and that I am the copyright owner or am authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.”
Send the above in electronic format to email@example.com
- On average we will try respond to your email within 24 hours any day of the week.
- Once properly notified we will promptly remove the identified material if needed.
- Any files that are removed are added to a file filter (based on md5 hashing of the file) to prevent the exact same file from being uploaded again.